WHY POOCHY POTTY?
OUR GRASS IS GREENER. The best, locally farmed, 100% real grass, eco-friendly fix for your pooches natural needs. Use this mini backyard for those quick pees and poops :) Poochy Potty is the natural solution to be rid of those gross, hard to clean, fake grass pads and unsightly, environmentally harmful, plastic pee pads. Help keep our cities clean :)
What People are saying about us
Wonderful product for my puppy, living in a highrise. He immediately knew the patch was for his business. I would highly recommend this to anyone
My patch never fails to show up on time. An amazing service and an amazing product - my doggie loves it!
My little Benji loved it from day one, and it provided me peace of mind while I was at work all day. Delivery & customer service was also great.
Poochy Potty was started in an effort to better service the daily needs of the people and pooches of Quebec. Created by a dog owner for dog owners, we are here for you and your favourite companions.
A bit about Poochy Potty
This isn’t just a piece of sod in a box, it’s comfort and convenience for you and your pooch
How long does it last? Does it smell?
Anywhere from 2-4 weeks depending on how often your pooch uses it and where it is kept. If kept indoors, we recommend changing the patch every 2 weeks. If used outdoors the patch can last between 2-4 weeks and sometimes up to 6 if you water it! The living grass absorbs liquids and controls odours allowing for a more hygienic process. The grass decomposes the urine which takes care of the smell that would normally occur with fake grass patches
How does it work?
Simply put Pooch Patch wherever you would like your dog to “go”. Liquids are completely absorbed in the soil and the double layer of cardboard makes sure nothing leaks through to your floor! Make sure to pick up any solid waste. Discard the grass and recycle the cardboard box when you're ready for a new one
Any maintenance required?
We recommend that you keep the grass in a space where it receives a bit of sunlight. Also, you can water the grass every few days to keep it nice and green! The goal is to keep the soil under the grass slightly moist at all times
Why real grass?
Dogs take to our real grass with a 90% success rate - much higher than plastic pee pads. Plus, you don't ever have to clean it
What size patch for your pooch?
Pooch Patch is 18” x 24” and can accommodate a dog up to approximately 30 lbs. If you have a larger dog the Pooch Patch XL is just for you measuring in at 36” x 24”
Any tips for Training?
• It is super important to remain very calm and supportive when asking your pet to use their patch.
Put POOCHY POTTY wherever you would like your dog to go potty (we recommend a balcony/patio).
• Wait for a time when your know your pooch has to "go".
• Walk your pooch on leash straight to the patch and give the prompt or cue you’ve chosen, such as “do your business” or “go potty”. You can also try this off leash by sending them to the patch on their own.
• Slightly praise any good behaviour like walking on the patch. Be sure to remove your pup if they are chewing or lying down on the patch. The POOCHY POTTY should be strictly for pees and poops.
• If your pooch doesn’t go within 1 minute of being out with the patch, bring them in and try again in about 5 minutes. Continue this process until you have success or for 45 minutes, whatever comes first! Remember to stay calm and supportive.
• Repeat this process at the same "go pee" time at least 5 days a week. If you do this your pooch should master it in no time.
• When your pooch uses the patch, praise them enthusiastically and give them lots of treats. Seriously, have a party for your pooch. They will want to keep using it time and time again. Each time your pet uses it, give them super praise!
• If your pooch is still having trouble, we recommend transferring the scent of your pooch’s urine onto the patch with a paper towel.
• You can also use a target with your pets scent on it. Some pooches, especially males, love targets!
• It is important to establish one location for the POOCHY POTTY unit so you do not confuse your dog.
When does it ship?
WE SHIP TO QUEBEC ONLY We process our orders/products on Saturdays. All orders/products are then shipped on Sundays. Orders are processed and shipped weekly on these days. If you would like to cancel your order, you would have to do so on the Saturday before the order is shipped. All of our products are inclusive in this shipping policy If you live in Montreal you can expect your delivery to be made from Wednesday to Thursday. If you live elsewhere in Quebec your delivery will make it to you between Wednesday - Friday.